Welcome to the Ubuntu-Arizona Weekly Newsletter, Issue #116 for the week February 1, February 7, 2010.
* Arizona Loco Newsletter
* One Hundred Sixteenth Edition
* Powered by Ubuntu
* Wednesday-February 10, 2010
* Arizona Loco Team Wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArizonaTeam
* Next meeting: Sunday February 14, 2010 9:00 PM
* Server: Freenode: IRC Channel #ubuntu-us-az
In This Issue
scott_ev began the meeting by reminding everyone that he is only filling in temporarily until johnc4510 can get back.
A new member introduced himself and was welcomed to the Team:
* randlieb: Hi...just moved to the Verde Valley area from Fayetteville, AR. Was about to start up an Ubuntu installation class at the local Community Access tv statio there when I moved. I would like to try to start something like that here in the Cottonwood-Sedona area... I have been using Ubuntu on my home computer since 2005.
* Announcement of a new Linux enthusiast by xHans: "Sonya and I are proud to announce the arrival of our son Hans Augustus! We are amazed and blessed. And quite a bit scared :) . It has been a true joy to have him in our lives these last couple days."
scott_ev then gave some announcements: Mark Shuttleworth: Meta-cycles: 2-3 year major cycles for free software - http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/288 . Announcement of an additional install fest every month sponsored by the City of Tempe, and the schedule for the install fests - http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1399585 and http://www.azloco.com/node/128 . SCaLe Ride Sharing - http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1400877 . Ubuntu 10.4 Lucid Lynx Alpha 2 Released - http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/lucid/alpha-2/ (Ubuntu). Donation of a signed copy of the Ubuntu Unleashed 2010 Edition (Ubuntu Unleashed 2010 Edition Review - http://www.thelinuxblog.com/ubuntu-unleased-2010-edition-revie/ ). There will be a 10.04 Lucid Lynx release party at Boulders on Broadway in Tempe - http://azloco.com/node/120 . Announcement of the next install fest in Tucson planning. Suggestion that we need to set some guidelines about hardware requirements for different types of installs at an installfest. Announcement of an Ubucon at SCaLE8X on Friday, February 19th, 2010 - http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale8x/ .
PLUG and class announcements:
* PLUG security hackfest Tuesday - http://PLUG.phoenix.az.us/node/2135 . PLUG east side Thursday - http://PLUG.phoenix.az.us/node/164 . Both Valley Stammtische are next week - http://www.LuftHans.com/Free_Software_Stammtisch
Read the whole thing at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArizonaTeam/Newsletters/10February10